Sunday, June 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (barely on time and a week late)

So the last week has been all kinds of crazy. We went away to Dubai for a long weekend and had a fabulous time. DD loved seeing the Wiggles in concert and keeps asking when we're going back, as well as wanting to know when we can go back to the "big swim pool" - the hotel pool and kid's club were huge and we were really spoiled for a few days!

But the crazy comes from work, not from home (so much). While I was away in Dubai, my colleague/de facto boss was made redundant, apparently due to "difficult market conditions". Unfortunately for me, the only other lawyer in the bank is also out of the office (in South Africa watching the World Cup), so I am the only lawyer left to advise on a whole range of stuff, inlcuding some big-ticket stuff that is keeping me more busy than usual. The end result of all that is that I didn't have time for anything last week - no gym, no shopping, no meal planning, no lunches even! And to add insult to injury, DH was out of the country for 5 days. So I was solo-parenting as well as flying solo at work. But it all kind of came good in the end, when I got told that I am being promoted to Head of Legal! Woo and Hoo!!! No fun right now being the chief without any indians to boss around, but I can't complain too much!

So anyway, last week was a write-off in terms of meal planning and cooking, but this week I am trying to be a bit better. So far, this week looks like this:

Sunday - Southern Battered Fish
Monday - Spicy Chickpea Fritters (from Super Food Ideas magazine, February 2010, p. 28)
Tuesday - Cajun Chicken & Coleslaw Sandwiches
Wednesday - Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole (based on a Rachael Ray recipe apparently, but I forgot to note who the lovely person was that I stole it from !)
Thursday - out with DH to celebrate my promotion!
Friday - Slow Simmered Spaghetti & Meatballs (crock pot)
Saturday - lunch/dinner at the in-laws

So that's what we'll be eating this week. What's on your menu?

Don't forget to check out all the other super menu plans and menu planning ideas at orgjunkie.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment