Friday, June 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (a few days early)

So last week's menu plan was fairly successful up until about Tuesday, when it all got rather complicated and fell apart at the seams.

The Tuna Mornay on Sunday and the Quiche on Monday were great - super tasting and not complicated to assemble. Tuesday I got stuck at work and didn't get home until after 5:30pm, but I figured (driving home) that the Microwave risotto would be easy enough to get on the table in time. I arrived home to find the house in utter darkness, with nary a whisper of sound emanating from our life-saving air conditioners (this is the Middle East in June, remember?). We had no electricity! And no electricity ... and no electricity, until 7:15pm by which time we had packed it in and gone to Chili's for dinner (and some air conditioning!). Wednesday I had to go out to a client dinner, then Thursday morning a major investment deal Ihave been working on fired up with the intention of closing in the early hours of Friday morning; DH called at 5:30pm to say DD had a fever of 38.5C so I left the office and promptly got stuck in the Thursday evening traffic jam going home. Once I finally got home, dealing with DD and trying to close a major deal at the same time left no time for cooking, so we settled for chicken nuggets for DD and a couple of toasted waffles for me (DH was out to work as soon as I got home). Again today, the deal still hasn't closed so I have spent 6+ hours in the office and numerous more hunched over the laptop at home, with in between time visits to the paediatric clinic for another 38.5C fever for DD (and a trip to the pharmacy to get all the requisite drugs), followed by a 39.2C fever spike this afternoon just before I got home again. Waaahhhhhh! This last week really has been a nightmare and I can't wait for it to be over!

So, onwards and upwards …

This week's menu plan looks like this:
Sunday – last week's Risotto with Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
Monday – Crock Pot Ravioli
Tuesday – Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Wednesday – Easy Creamy Mexican Skillet
Thursday-Sunday – we are taking a short holiday/vacation and going to Dubai for a couple days, to take DD to see The Wiggles in concert, then lay by the pool at our luxury hotel ! I. Can't. Wait.

Have a great week!

As always, check out orgjunkie.com for more great Menu Plans and menu planning ideas!

1 comment: